Engineering, Technology, and DIY
Monthly Archives: August 2010
August 12, 2010Posted by on
Long gone are the days of only one browser choice, and they have been for a while. Today there’s a number of viable options, including IE 8, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. All have their perks and drawbacks, with the matchup complicated even further by an array of extensions. Some love the barebones vanilla installations, while others opt to arm their browser to the teeth. I’m somewhere in between, opting for a small list of useful utilities, without any frills or worrying about rare and unique situations.
Browser Name: Chrome for Mac 6.0.472.25 dev
OS: Mac OS X 10.6.4
- 1Password Extension – Link and Instructions
- Docs PDF/PowerPoint Viewer (by Google) – Link
- goo.gl URL Shortener – Link
- Google Calendar Checker (by Google) – Link
- Google Mail Checker Plus – Link
- Google Reader Notifier (by Google) – Link
- Google Voice (by Google) – Link
- Google Wave Notifier Plus – Link
- Stop Autoplay for YouTube – Link
What setup are you using?